Happy Summer Brent! We hope you and your families are having a fun summer filled with lots of reading. We have had over 350 entries on the Brent Summer Reading Log! Don’t forget to keep reading and logging so you’re ready for the first day of school on Monday, August 25th!
Happy Summer Brent!
Below is the 2014-2015 School Plan as presented (albeit too quickly) during our final PTA meeting. I am very much looking forward to engaging with everyone in the Strategic Planning process as we think about how to make Brent great in all aspects of our school/community life!
Stay cool everyone,
The most important thing you can do this summer is read! Bring books to camp, to the pool, and on family vacations! Not sure what to read? Check out Brent’s Recommended Summer Reading List!
After you finish a book, log your reading on the Brent Summer Reading Log- http://tinyurl.com/
Thanks to all those who participated in the Brent Parent Survey. A report of the results can be downloaded. Parents surveyed strongly support Brent’s foundations and overall approach. To summarize:
- Around 80% think Brent is meeting their children’s academic and socio-emotional needs either very well or extremely well.
- Parents believe that Brent’s responsive classroom approach; reading and writing curriculums; and specials offerings are huge strengths.
- Parents want a greater ability to maximize each child’s potential–whether it’s intervention for struggling students, enrichment for advanced students, or everything in between.
- Parents hope for a more systematic and consistent approach to delivering individualized attention and services to help our kids fulfill their potential.
- Parents love Brent’s field experience approach and want to see it strengthened and broadened, by developing partnerships with museums and other institutions, tying field experiences more directly to curricula, and strengthening extracurricular activities, including after-school programs, to further support and spark students’ interests and abilities.
- Parents would like to strengthen Brent specials offerings even more, by increasing the quantity/availability of science and physical activity/education;
- Parents want to improve the quality and applicability of our arts and world language programs.
The Brent PTA will share results in more detail at the final PTA General Meeting of the year on Wednesday, June 18th at 6:30 pm (childcare provided).
The annual Brent Spring Concert will be held this coming Wednesday, June 11 for grades PS3 – 1 and Thursday, June 12 for grades 2-5. Each performance will begin promptly at 6 pm and end at 7 pm.