A reminder that the Brent LSAT election is tomorrow (Friday) from 8-9am. Ballots will be available in the school office. All families currently enrolled at Brent, and families enrolled for next year at Brent are eligible to vote. One vote per family.
Our 3rd – 5th grade performers will be on stage tonight (Wednesday 6/8) to present their practiced talents from 6:00 – 7:00 PM. Our Kindergarten – 2nd grade performers will be on stage tomorrow night (Thursday 6/9) to present their practiced talents from 6:00 – 7:00 PM.
Voting will take place on Friday, June 10, from 8-9 am for 3 new parent leaders for the 2016-2017 LSAT. Please read the candidate profiles.
The LSAT is composed of parents and teachers and advises Principal Young on academic, structural and curriculum matters at Brent. The LSAT also works with Principal Young to build the school budget provided by DCPS.
Issues before the LSAT have included but are not limited to:
- Evaluating effectiveness of teacher partners
- Deliberating and approving an Assistant Principal for 2016-17 school year.
- Working with Principal to find funds in the DCPS budget and leveraging PTA funding
- Approval of the hiring of Behavior Tech
- Monitoring enrollment numbers at Brent at all grades levels and deciding on class structure and number of classes at each grade
- Reviewing test scores and achievement gap at Brent and discussing and evaluating curriculum approaches to addressing shortfalls and supporting advanced students.
- Requesting designated funds from PTA to support curriculum programs at Brent that DCPS does not support due to budget constraints.
The final Brent PTA meeting of this school year is tonight, from 6:30-8pm. It is a family night meeting, with childcare provided (and pizza from We the Pizza). There is plenty on the agenda tonight, including an update on staffing at Brent for next school year, the Summer Reading program, the approval of the PTA Budget and the election of the PTA Board and President for next school year. Here are the list of PTA Board Candidates for tonight’s election: [Read More]